This Ham Pasta is an easy meal that’s scrumptious do-it-yourself consolation meals. It’s an effective way to make use of up leftover ham, and this one-pan dinner makes unbelievable leftovers.
As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This straightforward ham pasta is tacky, creamy, and oh-so scrumptious. It’s prepared in a flash (severely), and is an effective way to make use of up vacation ham leftovers.
And what you’ll actually love about it’s how straightforward it’s to customise to your tastes, and what’s in your fridge.
Only a observe in regards to the quantity of scrumptious meals this ham and noodles recipe makes…and that’s it makes A LOT! For those who’re feeding 6-8 individuals, and/or love leftovers, this recipe is for you. If you have to scale back the variety of servings, click on on “servings” within the recipe card and alter it to suit your wants.
You’re going to adore this recipe (I promise), but additionally take a look at our Rooster Bacon Ranch Casserole, Boursin Pasta, and Lemon Garlic Pasta for dishes which might be as easy and scrumptious as this one!
Substances & Variations
This recipe is rocking:
- Ham – totally cooked and hopefully leftover from an Immediate Pot ham or one other vacation dish.
- Noodles – I used rotini however some other pasta with “nooks and crannies” like bowties or fusilli will work.
- Lemon – one good medium-sized one will likely be excellent for this recipe. We’re solely utilizing the zest (outdoors).
- Shallots – I really like them however in case you don’t have any readily available, use finely diced white or yellow onions.
- Garlic – as a result of no vampires are allowed.
- Unsalted butter & olive oil to carry the flavour.
- Rooster inventory & white wine (I exploit the most affordable cooking wine I can discover. Plastic bottle and screw prime included.)
- Dairy squad – entire milk, shredded Parmesan, and cream cheese
- Peas – frozen, as a result of they’re so handy.
- All-purpose flour – just a bit bit. See under for gluten-free choices.
Ham Pasta Variations
For those who don’t have frozen peas, contemporary ones will work! Add them to the pasta water within the 2 minutes of cooking (step 2 within the printable recipe card under).
No peas? Asparagus, zucchini, shelled edamame, diced mushrooms, or broccoli are all nice choices. Any vegetable that’s not already cooked must be sauteed, roasted, or steamed earlier than including it to the pasta.
You possibly can simply make this gluten-free by utilizing gluten-free pasta (cooking time will differ) and utilizing gluten-free flour, cornstarch, or arrowroot powder as an alternative of all-purpose flour.
Entire wheat noodles will work beautiful on this leftover ham pasta recipe. The cooking time in step 2 under will probably should be elevated by 1-3 minutes.
In lieu of entire milk, heavy cream or half-and-half will work. You’ll need to extend the hen inventory by 1/4 cup to account for the thickness of the cream.
Easy methods to Make Ham Pasta
*I’ll stroll you thru it right here with some pictures and suggestions, and also you’ll additionally discover a printable recipe card on the backside of the publish with actual measurements, and so forth.
Begin by bringing a saucepan of salted water to a boil and cooking your pasta to al dente. Drain and put aside.
Whereas the pasta is cooking, you’re going to start out making the sauce, since you’re environment friendly and superior and don’t have time to take a seat round twiddling your thumbs whereas dinner cooks.
Like all scrumptious issues, this easy pasta dish begins with butter, olive oil, shallots, and garlic. We’re going to cook dinner that down till the garlic and shallots odor superior and are beginning to soften (1-2 minutes).
As soon as the garlic combination seems to be and smells unbelievable, sprinkle the all-purpose flour excessive. Whisk that for 1-2 minutes, or till the flour is beginning to darken only a bit.
Subsequent up, we’re including within the wine, inventory, warmed entire milk, lemon, salt, and pepper. Prepare dinner it down for a couple of minutes till it has thickened and appeared wonderful. Life is getting much more superior.
Now, you’ll add the cooked noodles (with the 1/4 cup of pasta water), ham, Parmesan, frozen peas, and cubed cream cheese to the pan. Stir to mix for a couple of minutes or till all of the cream cheese has been included into the sauce.
Don’t fear, you don’t want something fancy to make this scrumptious leftover ham pasta.
You’ll desire a 3-4 quart saucepan for cooking the noodles, and a big frying pan or braiser for making the sauce.
Good to have gadgets: a silicone spatula, whisk, tongs, and a strainer.
WHAT to SErve With Ham & Pea Pasta?
A aspect dish of veggies like Chopped Cabbage Salad, Roasted Frozen Broccoli, Air Fryer Asparagus, or Inexperienced Pea Salad are all nice.
And for extra carbs (sure please!), Tacky Garlic Bread, Air Fryer Texas Toast, Stuffing Biscuits, or No Knead Dutch Oven Bread are scrumptious choices.
Storage and Reheating
Permit any leftover pasta to completely cool earlier than storing it in an air-tight container within the fridge for 2-3 days. Even higher, this dish reheats amazingly effectively. Microwave it (lined) for 45-60 seconds.
You possibly can freeze it, however when reheated, the cream sauce will look a bit curdled when it thaws. However, you recognize, it’ll nonetheless style scrumptious!
I wish to freeze it in 2-cup Souper Cubes. As soon as frozen, take away from the trays and retailer in freezer-proof luggage for as much as 3 months.
Professional Ideas/Recipe Notes
- Be sure that to make use of low-sodium hen inventory as ham is already very salty!
- Ensure you heat the milk earlier than including it to the butter sauce. Chilly milk will curdle when it interacts with the new pan.
- The sauce is thick and creamy. For those who favor a thinner sauce, put aside 2/3 cup of pasta water as an alternative of 1/4 cup.
- Garlic – if contemporary garlic is simply too sturdy for you, cook dinner the butter and garlic on low for longer to melt it, or change it with some Air Fryer Roasted Garlic or Immediate Pot Roasted Garlic.
- For straightforward prep, use garlic paste or pre-chopped frozen garlic.
MORE SIMPLE DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
This ham pasta is an easy meal that’s scrumptious do-it-yourself consolation meals. It is an effective way to make use of leftover ham, and this one-pan dinner makes unbelievable leftovers.
In a big saucepan carry 3 quarts of salted water to a boil.
Add rotini noodles and cook dinner till al dente, ~7 minutes. Make the sauce whereas the pasta cooks.
16 oz dry rotini noodles
Drain all however ¼ cup of water from the rotini. Preserve noodles within the saucepan with 1/4 cup of pasta water.
In a big deep frying pan warmth butter and olive over medium warmth.
2 tbsp unsalted butter, 2 tbsp olive oil
Add garlic and the shallots. Stir till the garlic and shallots are beginning to soften, and some of the items are beginning to brown. ~2-3 minutes.
5 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp shallot
Sprinkle flour excessive of the garlic, and whisk to mix. Prepare dinner for two minutes.
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
Slowly whisk in white wine, hen inventory, warmed entire milk, kosher salt, black pepper, and lemon zest, whisking consistently to include.
1/4 cup white cooking wine, 3/4 cup hen inventory, 2/3 cup entire milk, 2 tsp lemon zest, 1/4 tsp floor black pepper, 1 tsp kosher salt
Enhance the temperature to medium-high warmth and whisk consistently whereas it cooks at a close to boil for two minutes, or till thickened.
Scale back warmth and add the cooked rotini noodles, 1/4 cup pasta water, shredded Parmesan, chopped ham, frozen peas, and cream cheese to the lemon butter combination.
1/3 cup shredded parmesan, 2 cups chopped ham, 1 cup inexperienced peas, 4 oz cream cheese
Stir to mix the pasta and sauce. Prepare dinner for 1 minute.
- Entire wheat rotini noodles will work nice. They often want a further 1-3 minutes to cook dinner in boiling water.
- Gluten-free – use gluten-free pasta and sub in gluten-free flour OR cornstarch as an alternative of all-purpose flour for the sauce.
- Ensure you heat the milk earlier than including it to the butter sauce. Chilly milk will curdle when it interacts with the new pan and lemon zest.
Quantity Per Serving (1 cup)
Energy from Fats 180
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g56%
Trans Fats 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Ldl cholesterol 49mg16%
Vitamin A 484IU10%
Vitamin C 9mg11%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
Store this Submit:
(might embrace affiliate hyperlinks)