A paper by Westrich et al. (2023) examines payer perceptions of 5 totally different worth frameworks. Worth frameworks of curiosity included:
- American Society of Medical Oncology (ASCO) Worth Framework,
- Drug Pricing Lab’s Drug Abacus (previously Memorial Sloan Kettering Most cancers Heart’s Drug Abacus),
- Institute for Medical and Financial Assessment (ICER) worth evaluation framework and proof studies
- The Innovation and Worth Initiative (IVI)’s Open-Supply Worth Mission fashions,
- Nationwide Complete Most cancers Community (NCCN)’s Proof Blocks
The authors performed a double-blind, web-based survey to evaluate payers’ perceptions of those worth frameworks. Total, 51 well being care payer respondents discovered that the a very powerful elements when choosing a worth framework was that (i) acceptable metrics and outcomes have been included, (ii) comparative medical effectiveness info was supplied and (iii) the outcomes have been methodologically rigorous and unbiased.
Among the many 5 worth frameworks, ICER, NCCN and ASCO have been the worth frameworks thought-about most helpful for formulary choices, whereas ICER was far and away essentially the most helpful for drug worth negotiations.